Our Sunday school class gets together every Memorial Day weekend to have a family campout on one of the couple's property close by. We camped out just on Friday night, but Marina had a great time. She fell asleep around 9 and we got in the tent around10 due to the pouring rain! About 30 minutes later it started thundering and lightning!! I was ready to run to the car, but Jason assured me it was the end of the storm (yeah, right). Marina slept through the noise and had a strange awakening around 1:30 AM saying "get the mail" over and over. I reminded her that we weren't at home and that we couldn't get the mail, but assured her we would get it on Saturday. She must of had a strange dream or something. It was too funny. I finally calmed her down and got her to go back to sleep in her bed.
We had nice weather on Saturday and the kids had fun playing in the river and getting soaked. So, I guess we are now ready to travel up to the Powell reunion in Michigan at the end of the month and camp out again!
Oh, and if you didn't already know, it's officially summer here with temperatures in the 90's! We broke out the pool today and slathered on the sunscreen! Enjoy!

Marina enjoys some cold drinks in Mommy's Hokie chair

Figuring out the water (it was COLD!)

Naptime in her Care Bear bed

Fun in the new pool

How come I never had a pool as cool as this when I
was her age?!
No comments:
Post a Comment