Wow, what a week this has been. My wonderful friend Andi went to be with the Lord yesterday. It's hard to believe that it was just two days ago I got a call from my friend Jo about 6:30 AM saying that Andi was in the hospital due to cardiac arrest and was unresponsive. I just "happened" to be up visiting with my parents and planning on heading home that afternoon, and when things didn't change I drove an hour to pick up Jo and we drove 2.5 more hours to Va Beach to be at the hospital. It was hard to see our friend like that. I decided that even though I was glad that we could be there and see her and be with the family, that is not how I will remember her. Breathing on a machine and hooked up to so many different wires and with beeps and pumps running.....it wasn't Andi, she wasn't there. I'm sure she was already in the arms of Jesus, with her new body without pain and suffering. And I'm sure she was laughing.....the loud noisy laugh that she was known for, the laugh I can still hear in my mind when I think of her and the times we've had together with our friends. That's the Andi I know and will remember. The one who was so sensitive to the needs of others, who loved to write and never missed a birthday. Who in the midst of her suffering the last year and a half would encourage everyone else with her faith and thankfulness to the Lord.
Thank you Lord, for the honor and the privlege of knowing and having Andi as a friend. I look forward to the day when we'll be reunited in eternity.
1 comment:
What a nice memorial to Andi. I am very sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. Remember, Friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them. (I remember we used to listen to that song...I think it was on the tape you made for me.) May God bless and keep you and your family!! *Hugs*
Post a Comment