Yesterday was Jason's birthday and he decided to take the day off and we all went hiking and out to dinner. We did a 3.5 mile hike up to McAffey's Knob in Catawba, VA. It's a place I had been before when I was a student at VA Tech. But let me tell you......I'm not as young as I used to be and my legs are sure feeling it today! Marina did great, she walked about one mile each way, which for her little legs is really good. We had a backpack for her to ride in when she got tired.It took us about 2.5 hours to walk up the trail to the top. Since I've been there before, I knew what the view was like, but it still took my breath away when I stepped out into the clearing on the rocks and saw the magnificence of God's creation. It reminds me that I really need to stop and look each day at the little things around me and thank God for His blessings. It's easy to go up the the top of the mountain and see the majesty but tends to be harder at the bottom of the mountain in day to day life.
We had a great day, the temperature was about 75-80 and it was sunny. We ate a picnic lunch at the top and we made it back down by 3:30 and drove to the Homeplace restaurant to have an early supper. It was there we reallized our lack of planning, and I began to feel like a terrible mother, as the redness of our skin appeared. So, Marina's got some pink, sunburned cheeks today.

Daddy is this rock gonna fall on me?













1 comment:
that photo of you sitting on that rock freaks me out, like you're going to fall!
Post a Comment