If you are like me, you love a new year. A new beginning, a fresh start, a time to evaluate the past year and to make changes if necessary. There are many things I would love to start doing if I had time (learn to play piano and guitar, catch up on scrapbooking, take more pictures - is that possible?, and read more). There are things I know I need to get rid of in my life too - clutter, impatience, speaking without thinking, not using my time wisely. Just to name a few. But as I've been thinking and praying I am realizing even more, and especially with the way things look in the world, that I don't need to wait for a new year to begin again. God says in His word that His mercies are "new every morning". Each day is a chance to make a fresh start. And so with that, I give God today and every day after of this new year to mold me and change me into the person He wants me to be. I know I can't do it on my own, and believe me, I've tried. Great is His faithfulness!
So, with all this thinking about starting "new" we have been blessed to have finished our basement! We started working on it a few years after we moved to this house and for a while all that was done was the pantry. Then for Mother's day of 2007, Jason completed my scrapbook/craft room. We gained momentum this year and were able to finish the main part of the basement. We moved the t.v. downstairs and the majority of the toys. The computer is out of our bedroom now, and we can actually use the foosball table we've had for 5 years gathering dust! I will post a few pictures, but those don't do it justice. Now that we have more room, that means we can entertain more guests.....and we are certainly entertaining! :)
So, with all this thinking about starting "new" we have been blessed to have finished our basement! We started working on it a few years after we moved to this house and for a while all that was done was the pantry. Then for Mother's day of 2007, Jason completed my scrapbook/craft room. We gained momentum this year and were able to finish the main part of the basement. We moved the t.v. downstairs and the majority of the toys. The computer is out of our bedroom now, and we can actually use the foosball table we've had for 5 years gathering dust! I will post a few pictures, but those don't do it justice. Now that we have more room, that means we can entertain more guests.....and we are certainly entertaining! :)
The pantry

Jenny's getaway
(of course it doesn't look this neat anymore!)


The play area
The family room
5 comments:
What a great looking basement!! So fun to have your own little office too! =) You guys did a great job! Wish I could come see it in person.
Wow...that looks amazing! You guys did an awesome job!!
The basement looks great! You guys could go into business together renovating and organizing! :)
No, the whole "self-employed" thing on taxes is too much of a pain... ;p
Looks like a great space...it turend out great
Jeff and Dawn
Post a Comment