Monday, April 13, 2009

Ready for Spring!

I know it's been too long since I've last posted. It really is hard to find time to do it with 3 little ones running around. And I do mean running. All except Autumn, but as fast as she is crawling or "walking" on her knees....it's almost like running! So, to update you on what we've been up to:

Marina is still enjoying going to preschool 3 days a week and is my little imaginator. She really enjoys playing by herself and making up all sorts of fun things with her toys. She has been such a big helper with the other two, but does enjoy alone time with mommy. She is our questioner, and I am amazed each week what she comes up with to ask about or wanting to know more about. Just recently she wanted to check out books at the library on space and then she had all sorts of questions about black holes! Sharks have also been a source of facination. (who would have thought?) She is enjoying spending time each week with me learning how to read and she has been doing great with her short vowel sounds. I really hope she will continue with this love for learning that she seems to have and that it will carry on through the Fall when we start homeschooling.
Isaac is definitely all boy. And you know, all of my friends with boys always told me the best stories, but I guess I never really "got" it until we had a boy in the house. Just the other day he spent at least 20 minutes looking out the window watching Jason mow the front yard. He is facinated by any thing with big wheels and a scooper on the front! I hear "momma, rrrrrr" quite often as we are driving around. His eating has really progressed and has been something I have been so thankful for. He eats pretty much anything though it takes him a while to chew. He loves sweets, of course, and usually cries when dessert is finished. He loves his little sister most of the time and will give her hugs and kisses. Most mornings he will wake up saying her name...."Aww-um".

Autumn is a rough and tumble little thing. She likes to beat on her brother and knows just how to push his buttons. She is walking some on her own, but hasn't decided yet that it is the best way to travel. She is starting to talk more and some of her favorite words are doggies, juice and signing "please" and "more". She really likes to play with Sassafras and one of her favorite things to do is to take over the dog bed when the dogs are laying in it. She has a big personality and makes us laugh with just the faces she makes.



Jason continues to work through his sabbatical, though his flexibility has been a blessing to me as I have to cart kids to appointments. It's nice to not have to take all 3 kids with me when I need to go to the store or the doctor! He is working on preparing the garden to be planted and getting the bathroom in the basement finished.


I have been spending most of my time with the kids, of course, and trying to get our house organized. I've been finding that we have so much "stuff" that we really don't use or need or that is just not orgainized. So, I have been working room by room to clean up and get rid of things and hopefully simplify. I figure I don't have time to be cleaning and picking up everyday, and the more stuff we have, the more I have to do those things. It sure gives me a feeling of satisfaction when I'm all done. I'm hoping all of my piles will be gone before the summer starts! (Is my type A, oldest child personality showing?) :)

Taking pictures of 3 at once definitely takes some patience!

Well, those are the highlights for our family right now. Oh, social services has a court review today for the kids' parents and they are hoping to terminate rights. We hope things will move quickly and that adoption paperwork will be the next step. But we'll see. It's all in the Lord's time.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Jenny,

You are such an amazing woman! Seriously, you rock! Love seeing the updates on you and your family! You sure keep busy!! And it looks like you are a fantastic mother! The children are so blessed to have you!!

Many blessings to you!
Melissa